In this article, we will go over the top 10 sapphire glass manufacturers in the world. Instead of just focusing on the Chinese market, we’ll also discuss the strengths and abilities of other sapphire glass suppliers in other parts of the globe!
Sapphire glass is one of the most sought-after types of glasses in the world because of its brute strength, resilience, excellent optical properties, and resistance to temperature. There’s a ton of variety in the sapphire glass units you can get, but getting them from the best and top sapphire glass manufacturing companies will change your perspective about it.
So, if you’re on the hunt for the top and leading sapphire glass manufacturers in the country, we got just what you need!
Quick Facts About Sapphire Glass
Before we get to the list of sapphire glass manufacturers, let us first discuss a few of the most important facts and features about sapphire glass!
- Sapphire glass is extremely hard to scratch and damage on the surface
- It has excellent light transmission properties, better than traditional glass
- It’s able to withstand highly fluctuating temperatures, it has a melting point of 2,030 to 2,050 °C
- Sapphire glass is used in a wide library of applications and uses in different business fields and industries
- It’s a virtually crystal-clear material
- It is an extremely hard material with a Mohs hardness rating of 9
- Sapphire glass is chemically-resistant, resisting most common bases and acids
Top 10 Sapphire Glass Manufacturers in the World
We’ve listed the 10 best and top manufacturers of sapphire glass in the world! Take a look at the list and see if they’re what you are expecting from sapphire glass manufacturers.
Top #1: Meller Optics
Meller Optics is what many consider as the grandfather of optical lenses and glass units. From its founding in 1921, the company didn’t stop and slow down – today, they’ve captured more than 30% of the world’s glassmaking market.
They’re known for their sapphire windows, substrates, domes, prisms, and many others more. You’ll definitely find what you’re looking for, and you won’t ever feel the need to get to look for another supplier/manufacturer ever again.
- Meller Optics Official Website: https://melleroptics.com
- About Meller Optics: https://melleroptics.com/about/
- Meller Optics Products: https://melleroptics.com/shop-high-precision-optics/
- Meller Optics Capabilities: https://melleroptics.com/materials-capabilities/
Top #2: Crystalwise Technology Inc.
CWT is a company that is geared towards advancement and innovation. Being in the business for more than 2 decades now, you’ll never have a problem when it comes to quality. From sapphire substrates, sapphire components to other optronic and semiconductor parts you need, Crystalwise Technology Inc. will always be here to help and support you.
- Crystalwise Technology Inc. website: http://www.crystalwise.com.tw/en/
- About Crystalwise Technology Inc.: http://www.crystalwise.com.tw/en/about.php
- Crystalwise Technology Inc. Products: http://www.crystalwise.com.tw/en/product.php
- Crystalwise Capabilities: http://www.crystalwise.com.tw/en/capability.php
Top #3: GLASHern
GLASHern is China’s leading sapphire glass manufacturers. Armed with more than a decade of experience, we’re sure that we’ll be able to help you with your need of producing premium quality sapphire glass.
Our team specializes in custom glass, helping you achieve the quality of glass that you want and need! With seasoned and highly-skilled and experienced engineers and experts, you wouldn’t worry about getting your next sapphire glass units!
- GLASHern Official Website: https://customglassmfg.net
- About GLASHern: https://rayotek.com/about_rayotek.htm
- GLASHern Sapphire Glass Products: https://customglassmfg.net/sapphire-glass-manufacturer/
- GLASHern Services: https://customglassmfg.net/glass-cutting-service/
Top #4: SXET Glass
SXET Glass has 10+ years of experience in glass processing and fabrication. Armed with a heap of experience, skill, and relentless will, you’ll never have a problem when it comes to sapphire glass. They perform CNC processes, produce advanced glass parts and components, and many more!
If you’re looking for a partner that is a glassmaking expert, servicing 40+ countries worldwide and produced top-tier quality glass products, SXET Glass will be one of your best bets.
- SXET Glass Official Website: https://www.sxetglass.com
- About SXET Glass: https://www.sxetglass.com/about-us/
- SXET Glass Processing Products: https://www.sxetglass.com/glass-processing/
- SXET Glass Applications/Capabilities: https://www.sxetglass.com/produce-capabilities/
Top #5: Sapphire Glass Merchants Ltd.
Known as one of UK’s leading manufacturers of sapphire glass and other glass types, Sapphire Glass Merchants Ltd. is a one-of-a-kind. With rich culture and heritage, they operate with the better sense of quality and refinement. The company supplies to different parts of the globe and offers the extra mile whatever service or product you need from them.
- Sapphire Glass Merchants Ltd. Official Website: https://www.sapphireglassmerchants.co.uk
- Sapphire Glass Merchants Ltd. Products: https://www.sapphireglassmerchants.co.uk/products
- Sapphire Glass Merchants Ltd. Heritage: https://www.sapphireglassmerchants.co.uk/the-studio
Top #6: Monocrystal
Since 1999, Monocrystal has been surfing and gliding through the glassmaking market, providing unrelenting quality and expertise to businesses, companies, and organizations. Having their focus primarily on sapphire glasses for LED, they’ve been deemed by many businesses as the go-to.
With over 1,500 employees, Monocrystal is best-known for their outright readiness and preparedness in providing high-quality products to business fields and sectors all over the world.
- Monocrystal Official Website: https://www.monocrystal.com/
- About Monocrystal: https://www.monocrystal.com/about-us/
- Monocrystal Catalog: https://www.monocrystal.com/catalog/
- Monocrystal News and Events: https://www.monocrystal.com/news/
Top #7: Shinkosha Co., Ltd.
By far, the simplest yet one of the best and most effective organizations and sapphire glass manufacturers is Shinkosha Co., Ltd. You can purchase a whole wide library of products – whether sapphire crystal glass units or not from them.
They are prominent for their single crystal products as well as their rutile prism and their mastery of the optical fiber sensor. When it comes to sapphire glass crystals, you can never go wrong in choosing Shinkosha.
- Shinoksha Official Website: https://www.shinkosha.com/english/
- About Shinkosha: https://www.shinkosha.com/english/company/access/
- Shinkosha Product Information: https://www.shinkosha.com/english/product/
- Shinkosha Corporate Information: https://www.shinkosha.com/english/company/
Top #8: Edmund Optics
For over eight decades, Edmund Optics® has established itself as a prominent global leader in delivering cutting-edge optical solutions to diverse industries. Since its inception in 1942, this dynamic company has made significant contributions to sectors–Life Sciences, Biomedical, Research & Development, and Defense, among others.
Edmund Optics has a global presence spanning 18 strategic locations, Edmund Optics® boasts a dedicated workforce of more than 1,250 professionals. Their unwavering commitment to innovation and expansion showcases their continuous pursuit of excellence in serving these industries.
- Edmund Optics Official Website: https://www.edmundoptics.com
- About Edmund Optics: https://www.edmundoptics.com/company
- Edmund Optics Manufacturing Capabilities: https://www.edmundoptics.com/capabilities
- Edmund Optics Engineering and Services: https://www.edmundoptics.com/engineering
Top #9: Rayotek
One of the oldest glass experts and manufacturers, Rayotek is purely a business-driven organization. Judging by the looks of their website, they don’t invest in graphics and art, but they prove their skills and capabilities when it comes to the quality of their work.
Rayotek can be your overall solution to your needs when it comes to whatever type of glass you’re looking for.
- Official Website of Rayotek: https://www.rayotek.com/index.htm
- About the Company: https://rayotek.com/about_rayotek.htm
- Sapphire Window & Flat Stock Products: https://rayotek.com/sapphire-window-flat.htm
- Services: https://rayotek.com/cutting_grinding_glass.htm
Top #10: Mirit Glass
Mirit Glass is one of the older sapphire glass manufacturers in the western hemisphere. Among their primary offers include tempered glass, insulated glass, safety glass, chemically-tempered glass, sight glass, UV glass, and many more! Sapphire glass remains one of their top and best-selling products!
Like many other manufacturers, they offer a heap of experience in glassmaking and production, with a versatile history of customer line and clientele from different parts of the globe. They carry an ISO 9001:2015 certification, which means that they follow the standard in the art of glassmaking.
- Official Website of Mirit Glass: https://miritglas.com/
- About the Company: https://miritglas.com/en/about-mirit-glass/
- Products: https://miritglas.com/en/products/
- Solutions: https://miritglas.com/en/production/
These are some of the world’s top and best sapphire glass manufacturing companies. Of course, this isn’t the entire list because there are tens of thousands of them worldwide. The ones we listed here are just the ones we found the best, most promising, and most popular in the field of sapphire glass.
How to Choose the Best Sapphire Glass Manufacturer
Besides knowing the list of the world’s most trusted and recognized sapphire glass suppliers, it’s also important to note and have full understanding of what you need to look for when choosing a manufacturer.
It’s not just about the size of the company or their product-line capabilities, there are other factors you’d want to consider, too!
Check the Company’s Licensing and Certifications
One of the most important things you need to do is to check the licensing and certifications of the company you’re working with. This is going to be proof of how competent, experienced, and knowledgeable they are of the industry.
Some of the certifications and licenses you want to see are:
- ISO 9001
- EN 13541
- EN 1288
- EN 675
NOTE: Thes aren’t the only certifications you want to see, there are others more that are important an essential in the industry.
Do a Background Check of the Company’s Roots
A little background checking isn’t going to hurt. This is where most people fail. Just because you see a company having mountains of certifications, doesn’t mean that they’re the best in what they do. Try and check previous projects – what have they done? What have they built? How did they become who they are in the industry?
You also want to ensure the quality of their services. No one wants to work with a company that has bad roots, right?
Check the Company’s Availability
The more available and accessible a company is, the better they are. In today’s society, availability is a goldmine. You’ll see many manufacturers not answering for days, even if the question they’re asking is relatively easy to answer.
Work with a company who will respond to you in a blink of an eye. No matter how serious or simple the question is, it’s important for businesses to attend to their clients’ concerns.
Read Reviews and Ask Previous Clients
Another useful tip that experienced businesses do is that they look for reviews or they ask previous clients of their experiences with a manufacturer. Nothing’s better than getting the opinion of someone who arrived before you.
Most companies would display the line of feedback and testimonials they’ve gotten from their clientele. This is to further show and prove that they are reliable and can be trusted.
You can choose to go the extra mile by asking previous clients of their experience. Try locating a previous client and ask about how their experience went when they worked with the company. This gives a better, a more actionable, and a more trustworthy social proof.
Last but most definitely not least is to shop around. Remember, there are tens of thousands of manufacturers in the world, you aren’t just limited to the ones you see first. Try to ask as many quotes and estimates as possible, and compare your way through your decision.
There is an unlimited number of ways you can do this, and it’s important to make sure that you’re getting what you’re supposed to.
It’s imperative to understand that these aren’t foolproof. This worked for the majority of businesses looking to partner with a sapphire glass manufacturer, but that doesn’t mean that it’s guaranteed. If you have other techniques and ways of finding whether a manufacturer is worth working with or not, share it with us!
GLASHern has been at the top of the industry’s ladder for more than a decade. With unrelenting experience and will to provide excellent-quality products, you will never have a problem working with us.
Sapphire glass is one of the many products we offer, but, besides that, you can also entrust almost everything to us from borosilicate glass, quartz glass, frosted glass to Gorilla Glass, acid-etched glass, and insulating glass, we got just what you need.
- We have a combined total of 50+ years of experience in the industry.
- Our production line isn’t just local because we import to 50+ countries worldwide
- You can trust our 200+ production equipment manufacturing line
- We have SGS, ISO, and CE certifications, proving our overall capability
- Our expertise doesn’t end on production, we offer services and capabilities, too
Join thousands of businesses and organizations worldwide in achieving the best and highest quality of sapphire glass they need. Contact us today and get a free quote!